An odyssey is an undertaking so big (one might even say, so epic), it can only be accomplished through the use of multiple quests. An odyssey generally has one overarching goal that unites the a series of quests, and the tasks they contain. In non-heroic terms, an odyssey is a category into which you can sort your quests.
Here’s how to create a new odyssey:
- Step 1: Create a new quest, OR go to the quest management page of an existing quest.
- Step 2: Locate the “Odyssey” dropdown menu.
- Step 3: Click “NEW ODYSSEY”. Enter your new odyssey’s name in the field that appears.
- Step 4: Click the ‘Save’ button.
Et viola! You’ve created a brand new odyssey, into which you can sort any new or existing quests.
Need some examples of when you might want to create an odyssey?
- To keep track of all of your schoolwork for various different classes over the course of a semester. Each class would be its own quest, and assignments for those classes would be tasks.
- When you’re managing a number of different work projects all at once.
- Preparing for a major event, or a big trip: anything that requires a lot of planning and organization.