Questing is always more rewarding when adventurers band together. If there are other adventurers in the lands of GetYeDone with whom you’d like to join forces, why not invite them to a party?
Creating/Joining A Party
To create a party, go to the party management page and click “Create New Party.” As the Leader of a party, you are the only one who can edit a party’s visibility, join rules, and description.
After you’ve created a party, you can invite other adventurers to join you, using the “Invite Adventurers To Party” button on the party info page. Invitees can choose to either accept the invitation or decline it, via their own party management page.
To join an existing party, go to the party info page and click either “Petition” (visible party) or “Join” (open party). “Petition” will submit a request for membership to the party for approval; “Join” will automatically add you to the open party. (Note: you cannot request to join an invisible party; you must be added from within.)
As a member of a party, you can track other party members on the Tourney Rankings right from the party info page, communicate with other party members via a party noticeboard, and even chat! In the future, you will be able to create quests/odysseys to complete jointly with other party members.
A Guide To Party Settings
On the party creation page, you will be asked to make some choices about settings. Depending on which options you choose, your party’s visibility and join rules will be different.
A party’s visibility setting impacts how public the party will be.
- Invisible: This party’s details (name, description) do not appear in search results or on character sheets. Non-members cannot see the party info page, nor can they petition to join; the only way for an invisible party to gain new members is to invite them from within.
- Visible: This party’s details (name, description) do appear in search results and on character sheets. Non-members can see the party info page, and they may petition to join by clicking the “Petition” button.
- Open: Open parties are completely public. They can be seen by anyone on Challenge Accepted, and anyone can join without requesting approval. (Note: if “open” is selected, the “Join Rules” section of this form will disappear, as there is no process of moderation for joining an open party).
A party’s join rules impact who can invite new members to the party. Open parties don’t need a join rule, because anybody can join them.
- Controlled: only the party leader can invite new members and/or approve membership requests.
- Curated: All party members can invite new members and/or approve membership requests.